Saturday, August 12, 2006

Breast Cancer Campaign

I've been involved with Breast Cancer Campaign for over two years now and have been fortunate to have spoken on a number of occasions for this wonderful charity.

As you will see from my special fund-raising website I'll be trekking in the Maasai Mara next February. This will take me on to another of supporting this wonderful charity.

In April, I had the privilege, once again, to speak at a BCC fund-raising fashion show run by Julianne Finucane. There were more than 100 in attendance at a Surrey golf club, mostly women of course but a surprising number of men too.

What I liked about this event, is that I spoke to quite a few people, and they rattled off various anecdotes and tales about friends and relatives who've battled with this terrible disease but they've survived and are living life to the full.

No comments: